Employers and management-level employees face a myriad of legal issues in their day-to-day business. Often, disagreements between employers and current or former employees result in litigation. Chuhak & Tecson provides litigation services to develop effective strategies and cost-effective solutions to employment disputes. Working with numerous business organizations, the attorneys at Chuhak & Tecson are skilled at evaluating the strengths and weaknesses of your case and executing the best strategy to achieve your goals.
Chuhak & Tecson's litigators have extensive trial and appellate experience in state and federal courts throughout the United States, as well as before state and federal administrative agencies. We understand our job is often to resolve business problems. We always seek a negotiated resolution of every dispute before costly litigation becomes necessary. However, if an amicable agreement cannot be reached, our employment litigation attorneys promptly provide an analysis and assessment of liability and damages so our clients can make informed decisions regarding the case. When necessary, we achieve successful results at trial, arbitration and evidentiary hearings.
The employment litigation docket for Chuhak & Tecson includes the following areas of law wherein we have represented a variety of business organizations and executive-level employees:
1. Actions for employment discrimination and retaliation under federal and state law.
2. Claims for employee benefits, including Family and Medical Leave Act issues.
3. Actions for sexual and racial harassment.
4. Wage and hour claims.
5. Disputes over severance and separation agreements.
6. Actions related to the enforcement and defense of actions based on non-competition and non-solicitation agreements.
7. Actions for violations of trade secrets and misappropriation of confidential information.
8. Actions for injunctive relief.
9. General commercial litigation related to employment agreements.