Whether it’s obtaining and enforcing a judgment or successfully closing a transaction, Chris Pellegrini’s drive to be an efficient problem-solver is what he finds most rewarding as a banking attorney.
With an emphasis in bank litigation, Chris focuses his practice on the representation of financial institutions. His experience as in-house counsel for a national commercial bank makes him keenly aware of the business, regulatory and compliance demands imposed on banking institutions. He is exceptionally knowledgeable about commercial litigation and residential foreclosures and organizing and executing loan workouts including loan/note sale agreements deeds in lieu, consent foreclosures and settlement agreements. Additionally, he excels at drafting and preparing loan documentations and vendor contracts along with addressing legal matters pertaining to management, credit and sales.
Further, Chris has also represented employee benefit funds and labor unions in all phases of litigation, specifically in ERISA matters, collection and bankruptcy.
Proclaiming himself a “banking nerd” who has a true passion for consuming all news and information concerning financial services, Chris stays up-to-date with all aspects of the banking industry and its most recent developments, furthering his service as a trusted advisor to his clients.
Other notable examples of his previous work:
- managing a caseload and obtaining over 50 foreclosure judgments resulting in a record low level of non-performing assets;
- negotiating and documenting the purchase of a syndicated lease portfolio with an aggregate value in excess of $250 million;
- settling a $2 million workout of multiple parcels of Illinois real estate;
- closing a $20 million note sale;
- structuring commercial credit facilities secured by over $25 million in healthcare receivables; and
- negotiating and documenting a $22 million commercial real estate loan secured by four multifamily properties in Florida.
Chris also serves the community by being a member of the firm's Associate/Law Clerk Oversight Committee.
If he’s not watching Netflix with his wife, you can find Chris zealously following the Boston Celtics and Arsenal Football Club or playing a casual pick-up game of basketball. He also enjoys traveling, which satisfies his craving to try new and exotic foods.