Sanjay handles litigation valued from $500,000 to $100 million. Notable cases include successfully defending a class action with damages in excess of $100 million and prosecuting a $34 million suit for breaches of purchase agreements for Chicago office buildings. He has taken multiple cases to trial and received verdicts favorable to his clients. He has practiced since 1999.
Sanjay's clients include national banks, start-ups, established corporations and business owners and officers in cases arising from:
- Breaches of Contract
- Shareholder/Partner Disputes
- Breaches of Fiduciary Duty
- Products Liability
- Class Actions
- Tax Disputes with the IRS, including Penalties
- Real Estate Sale and Lease Disputes
- Fraud, including Mortgage Fraud
- Computer Fraud and Data Destruction
- Interference with Business Relations
- Trust Disputes
- Temporary Restraining Orders and Injunctions
- UCC Articles 2, 3, 4 and 9
- Violations of State and Federal Statutes such as RICO, PACA, RESPA and FDCPA
- Employment, Labor, and Wage Disputes
Sanjay served as a member of the Diversity and Inclusion Council at Chuhak & Tecson.
In his free time, he writes funding grants for a not-for-profit organization that helps reduce maternal infant mortality rates in rural villages in India. Sanjay has served as a volunteer tutor for grade school students at Christopher House and the Indo-American Center, and also contributes to Room to Read, a charity that builds schools in developing African and Asian nations.