As a member of the information technology team, the Systems Engineer “(SE”) is required to provide day-to-day support and maintenance of Chuhak & Tecson, P.C.’s server based hardware, operating systems, and application software. This individual will troubleshoot business critical incidents, working with attorneys, staff, IT support specialist, consultants and contractors. The SE should stay abreast of current and new technology as it relates to their role. He/she will work directly with other IT department members, consultants, contractors and vendors as Level 1 and 2 support, escalating as needed. This individual must be customer focused, pro-active, accept ownership, have a sense of urgency and understand the culture and complexity of a law firm.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain and support applications on Firm desktops.
- Install new / rebuild existing servers and configure hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, etc. in accordance with standards and project/operational requirements.
- Develop and maintain installation and configuration procedures.
- Manage configuration, performance and maintenance of Firm’s enterprise application servers.
- Monitor all system alerts, backups, and security logs and remediate as needed.
- Monitor backup operations and troubleshoot as needed. Will also validate backups can be retrieved and restored on a quarterly basis.
- Assist in the daily and pro-active maintenance of the infrastructure environment.
- Baseline systems before deployment and provides monthly reports on current performance.
- Must have the ability to be on call 24/7, on a rotating basis, for system outages or other emergencies
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Education and/or Experience
- Experience with the following:
- LiquidWare FlexApp
- Windows 10
- Active Directory Services
- Backup and recovery techniques
- VMware, Nutanix, Cisco Routers
- Exchange 2016 and Office 2016Group policy administration
- Experience with N-tier application architecture and design.
- Experience with packaging and troubleshooting software including NetDocuments, Juris, WinScribe, BigHand.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, as the SE is responsible for communicating technical information to non-technical customers in non-technical terms.
- Demonstrated critical thinking and problem solving skills, with the ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced, changing legal environment.
- Experience with Powershell or other scripting languages.
- Associate’s degree; bachelor’s degree preferred.
- 5+ years of experience supporting enterprise class servers and applications.
- Previous law firm or professional services experience is strongly preferred.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
We recognize that diverse teams make the strongest teams, and are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills. Chuhak & Tecson provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Disclaimer: This job description is subject to be amended or changed at the Firm’s discretion. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the individual in the position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills of personnel so classified.
Please note that all applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship.