Chuhak & Tecson P.C., a midsized Chicago law firm, is looking for a qualified Applications Analyst to join our team! As a member of the information technology team, the Applications Analyst is required to provide day-to-day support and maintenance of Chuhak & Tecson, P.C.'s operating systems, application software and server based software. This individual will troubleshoot business critical incidents relating to the firms' software and hardware, working with attorneys, staff, local IT, consultants and contractors. The Applications Analyst should stay abreast of current and new technology relating to his/her role. In addition, the Applications Analyst will assist with testing and quality assurance software to ensure a high quality of service. He/she will work directly with other IT department members, consultants, contractors and vendors as Level 2 and 3 support escalating as needed. This individual must be customer focused, pro-active, take ownership, have a sense of urgency and understand the culture and complexity of a law firm.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Install new / rebuild existing firm desktops and configure hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, etc. in accordance with standards and project/operational requirements.
- Develop and maintain installation and configuration procedures.
- Will supervise and maintain the firm's repository of software applications.
- Responsible for planning and coordinating the processes required for the provisioning of user applications and systems necessary for business operations.
- Will be required to make decisions in regards to applications and processes that best suits the needs of the firm.
- Is required to apply communication and problem-solving skills to guide and assist on issues related to the design, development, and deployment of mission-critical information and software systems.
- Will be responsible for leading the IT team in regards to testing new applications and product upgrades.
- Manage configuration, performance and maintenance of Firm's enterprise applications.
- Follow strict change management policies regarding productions changes.
- Assists in the daily and pro-active maintenance of the infrastructure environment.
- Follow strict systems reboot, patching policies and pre-deployment and migration checklists.
- Follow proper quality assurance procedures regarding releasing anything into production, including security scanning all systems before releasing to production.
- Is required to install only approved software on systems.
- Is required to follow proper escalation procedures as defined by management.
- Will document any and all changes to Firm software and/or infrastructure.
- Will document and create "how-to" documents to facilitate end user and IT team education.
- Is required to attend knowledge transfer sessions as necessary as well as facilitate knowledge transfer to other co-workers.
- Must have the ability to be on call 24/7, on a rotating basis, for system outages or other emergencies.
- Maintain and adhere to departmental and Firm-wide policies, procedures, standards and guidelines.
- Interact professionally and effectively with all customer constituencies.
- Will participate in coaching and mentoring of other IT staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Strong experience with the following:
o VMware ESXI and Horizon
o Liquidware Profile Unity
o Active Directory Services
o Current versions of Microsoft Windows Desktop Operating Systems
o Current versions of Microsoft Windows Server Operating Systems
o DNS and DHCP
o Exchange 2016
o Group policy administration
o LAN/WAN technology
o Print services
- Understanding of legal technologies including, but not limited to, document and knowledge management, legal accounting, case management, litigation solutions, docketing, cost recovery and digital dictation. These technologies include NetDocuments, Juris and WinScribe.
- Demonstrated critical thinking and problem solving skills, with the ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced, changing legal environment.
- Required to work on task through completion, until the task is properly transferred or until priorities are changed by management.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, as the Applications Analyst is responsible for communicating technical information to non-technical customers in non-technical terms.
Education and/or Experience
- Associate's degree; bachelor's degree preferred.
- 5+ years of experience supporting enterprise class servers in a heterogeneous environment.
- At least one technology certification preferred (MCSE, MCSA, or VMware).
- Previous law firm or professional services experience is strongly preferred.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 lbs
Disclaimer: This job description is subject to be amended or changed at the Firm's discretion. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the individual in the position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills of personnel so classified.
Please send resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We recognize that diverse teams make the strongest teams, and are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills. Chuhak & Tecson provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Please note that all applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship.