May 20, 2019
Marketing and Communications Intern
Chuhak & Tecson, P.C.
Position: Marketing and Communications Intern
Position Description: Paid, to begin immediately
Reports to: Manager of Marketing & Communications
Send cover letter, three writing samples and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
This is a Marketing Boot Camp—an ideal position for the person serious about training in a wide variety of marketing-related activities and working in an atmosphere where their input and ideas will be encouraged and explored. Additionally, we ask our Interns to participate in the department’s training and mentoring program where he/she will be mentored primarily by the Marketing Coordinator and secondarily by both the Manager of Marketing & Communications and the Director of Marketing & Business Development. We are committed to helping our Interns grow as marketing professionals and also to develop portfolio pieces.
- Fifteen hours per week (flexible with school, holiday and part-time work schedules). The ideal candidate will be able to schedule the 15 hours over three days per week.
- Candidate will provide three references.
- Minimum three-month internship, with flexibility to receive class credit for the winter 2019 semester, if desired.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred (or ¾ complete)—in marketing, communications, public relations, journalism, etc. Students in a Master's degree program also encouraged to apply.
- Proficient in Outlook, MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Working knowledge of LinkedIn.
- Strong writing ability with the desire to gain practical experience.
- Skilled at verbal and written communication.
- Skilled at research.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills and follow- up skills.
- Able to take direction and absorb information quickly.
- Abie to work independently.
- Able to multi-task and handle several projects simultaneously.
- Some experience—either at a college-level or in a real-world setting—is needed for these job responsibilities.
- High level of organization and attention to detail.
- A passion for learning more about marketing!
Please note that during the last 30 minutes of the first interview, the candidate will be asked to write a simple, brief press release. Chuhak & Tecson will provide the necessary material; the candidate will decide what to use and how to organize the draft.
- Draft and/or edit press releases, attorney biographies and articles.
- Assist in the development and implementation of all marketing and community service events, including our Women Helping Women program.
- Assist in production work (collateral and event materials, newsletters, photography, promotional items, etc.).
- Review, edit and maintain firm information across multiple platforms.
- Initiate, maintain and track all activity with the firm’s Promotional Item Closet, including brainstorming ideas for new promo items, event giveaways and holiday gifts.
- Website reviews, as assigned.
- Track the internal marketing activity for practice groups.
- Other duties as assigned.
Disclaimer: This job description is subject to be amended or changed at the Firm's discretion. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the individual in the position. They are not intended to be an exclusive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills of personnel so classified.