May 07, 2019
Legal Assistant/Corporate & Transactional Secretary
Chuhak & Tecson, P.C.
Position: Legal Assistant/Corporate & Transactional Secretary
Position Classification: Non-Exempt
Reports to: Secretarial Supervisor & Assigned Attorney(s)
Send resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Corporate/Transactional Legal Assistant (Secretary) must have a minimum of 5-7 years of Administrative and Legal experience in the area of Corporate and Legal Transactions; must be multi-talented and experienced in performing administrative job-responsibilities in conjunction with legal secretarial duties. Administrative support will consist of coordinating calendars, meetings and appointments, creating and maintaining spreadsheets and databases, handling confidential matters, drafting communications as well as other ad hoc projects; knowledgeable about preparing legal documents including Agreements, Contracts, Affidavits, Auditor’s letters, Waivers, Notes, Disclosures, Opinion Letters, Engagement Letters, Conflict Letters, wills, trusts, estate plan and probate documents, Promissory Notes, closing books.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare/compose/draft correspondence for attorneys.
- Prepare Agreements, Contracts, Affidavits, Auditor’s Letters, Promissory Notes, Waivers, Disclosures, Opinion Letters, Engagement Letters, Conflict Letters, wills, trusts, estate plan and probate documents, closing books. Familiarity with due diligence organization for transactions, organize for large transactions, closing checklists, basic schedule preparation and legal entity basics.
- Track and record time to the appropriate client/matter and assure that services provided are appropriately charged.
- Familiar with legal billing and entering time into time entry system (E55).
- Filing correspondence and/or legal documents in office filing system.
- Open files and/or new business matters.
- Close files in preparation for sending to offsite storage.
- Make travel arrangements, appointments, schedule meetings, conference calls.
- Maintain client contact list.
- Maintain Attorney’s calendar in Outlook.
- Handle Attorney’s email account (if required).
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Professional in appearance and demeanor.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills.
- Willingness to work as a “team player”.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to work independently on file organization.
- Excellent computer skills, intermediate to advanced word processing skills preferred.
- Familiarity with document management systems, electronic research tools and/or basic database skills.
- Organized, detail-oriented, flexible with an ability to multi-task and change directions in a fast-paced environment, coupled with the ability to work effectively and independently under pressure.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
Education and/or Experience:
- Some college education a plus or the equivalent of professional work experience.
- Minimum of 5 years Legal Secretarial experience, preferably in Corporate.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word 2016 and Word styles; and familiar with programs such as Excel and Outlook (Power Point a plus).
- Proficient in various software applications such as Workshare Compare or other document comparison software used for black lining/red lining.
- Knowledge of all office equipment such as faxing, scanning, printing, photocopying and multi-functional devices.
- Familiarity with Time Entry system for the purposes of recording attorneys’ time.
Disclaimer: This job description is subject to be amended or changed at the Firm’s discretion. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the individual in the position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills of personnel so classified.