May 07, 2019
Chuhak & Tecson, P.C.
Position: Corporate Paralegal
Position Classification: Non-Exempt
Reports to: Corporate Practice Leader/Director of Human Resources
Interested candidates should forward a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The corporate paralegal works alongside attorneys preparing documents required to form, maintain, amend and dissolve not-for-profit corporations, partnerships and limited liability companies. Responsibilities include all aspects of corporate governance such as annual reports and corporate minutes.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Organize documents and coordinate document production.
- Form corporate entities (corporations, LLC’s, LPs and not-for-profits), draft and file documents with Secretary of State, IRS, Revenue Departments and Licensing Departments.
- Draft internal corporate documents such as by-laws, stock certificates, resolutions, minutes, LP agreements, and operating agreements.
- Draft and file not-for-profit IRS and Attorney General filings.
- Draft and file licensing documents with the Illinois Division of Professional Regulations.
- Ensure corporate compliance by maintaining Excel charts to track annual tax filings.
- Interact with attorneys and clients to keep internal corporate records up-to-date.
- Create and maintain corporate minute books.
- Draft and file UCC Financial Statements, Amendments and Terminations.
- File Trademark Section 8, 9 and 15 renewals.
- Monitor and review government regulations to ensure that client is operating within the law.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Professional in appearance and demeanor.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills and work ethic.
- Organized, detail-oriented, flexible with ability to multi-task and change directions in a fast-paced environment, coupled with the ability to work effectively in a team and independently under pressure.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
Education and/or Experience:
- BA/BS degree; paralegal certificate a plus.
- Minimum 5 years of corporate paralegal experience.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and programs such as Word, Excel, Outlook and Adobe Acrobat.
- Knowledge of all office equipment such as fax machines, scanners, photocopiers and calculators.
- Familiarity with time entry system for the purposes of recordation of paralegal’s time.
Disclaimer: This job description is subject to be amended or changed at the Firm’s discretion. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the individual in the position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills of personnel so classified.
Please note that all applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship.