Tom Calascibetta is an associate in the Corporate Transactions & Business Law practice group at Chuhak & Tecson, P.C. Tom counsels individuals and closely held businesses on a variety of corporate matters, including corporate formation, operating and buy/sell agreements, corporate governance and mergers and acquisitions. Tom believes his clients value and appreciate that he takes a practical and sensible approach to even the most complex situations. He finds the most rewarding part of his practice is being able to successfully advise business owners on processes and transactions by meticulously sorting through the facts to identify the legal issues involved.
Before joining Chuhak & Tecson P.C., Tom counseled businesses on a variety of corporate governance, compliance, contractual and employment matters. Tom has also advised clients in numerous types of real estate transactions in both the commercial and residential sectors, including developments, purchases, sales, exchanges and leases.
Responsiveness and transparency are the keys Tom believes are critical to building trust with his clients. Combined with a relaxed, professional communication style, he prioritizes keeping his clients at ease, even in the most high-stress scenarios.
Some of Tom’s most recent corporate transactional work includes:
- Represented an equity owner in the merger of two Midwestern companies that specialize in trauma, biohazard and environmental cleanup and remediation, which involved the contribution of assets and cash.
- Part of a transaction team that represented a West Coast custom manufacturer of precision machine parts in the sale of all of its assets.
- Part of a transaction team that served as regulatory counsel to a durable medical equipment and supplies company, operating in multiple states , which involved regulatory analysis and compliance with Medicaid and Medicare.
- Part of a transaction team that represented a national forensic accounting practice in the sale of all of its membership interests.
- Part of a transaction team that represented a Midwestern electronics manufacturing company in the sale of all of its stock in exchange for cash and rollover equity.
- Part of a transaction team that represented a Midwestern manufacturer of precision tooling and machine parts in the sale of all of its assets.
- In addition to Tom’s corporate transactional experience, Tom is a Certified Information Privacy Professional – United States (CIPP/US). He assists businesses navigating data privacy matters, which includes:
- Software-as-a-service (SaaS) contracting and licensing of on-premises software.
- Drafting of subscription agreements, information management agreements, data use agreements (DUA) and systems interface agreements.
- Responding to the unauthorized access to and breach of sensitive data.
Tom also has experience in the sale and acquisition of real estate and commercial and industrial leasing.
Tom currently serves on Chuhak & Tecson’s Professional Education Committee.
When he is not in the office, Tom enjoys cooking, exercising, learning about emerging topics in technology, art and culture and spending time with family and friends.