Healthcare systems, hospitals, physicians and other healthcare providers confront multiple legal issues on a frequent basis. Chuhak & Tecson currently provides commercial litigation services to three of the largest healthcare systems in the State of Illinois. In addition, we represent more than a hundred physicians and physician practice groups as their outside counsel. Our broad-based litigation and transactional experience representing multiple types of healthcare providers gives Chuhak & Tecson a unique advantage over our competitors.
We always seek a negotiated resolution of every dispute before costly litigation becomes necessary. However, if an amicable agreement cannot be reached, our healthcare litigation attorneys promptly provide an analysis and assessment of liability and damages so our clients can make informed decisions regarding the case. When necessary, we achieve successful results at trial, arbitration and evidentiary hearings.
The healthcare litigation docket for Chuhak & Tecson includes the following areas of law wherein we have represented a variety of health care providers:
1. Managed-care litigation against national private carriers.
2. Insurance coverage and managed-care contract analysis.
3. Physician employment agreements and litigation related to physician relationships.
4. Defense of employment discrimination claims filed by physicians and nurses.
5. Advice, counseling and litigation related to the suspension, nonrenewal or revocation of physician privileges.
6. Review and analysis of medical staff bylaws.
7. Construction litigation related to medical facilities.
8. Actions for injunctive relief.
9. General commercial litigation for health care providers.